Saturday 7 July 2012


ANOTHER JULY SATURDAY. Another Rose Fair parade. The rain held off for most of the day, and there were some lovely people out and about. I only saw the afternoon parade, and was fairly underwhelmed by the floats, to be honest. So much hard work, so much enthusiasm, but so little impact. Isn't it time for a radical rethink? Shouldn't those with the best interest of Wisbech at heart sit down and see what new ideas can be added to the tried and trusted successes of the past? I have lived in Wisbech for a quarter of a century, so I suppose I am still considered an incomer, but I despair of the small 'c' conservatism of so many of the local movers and shakers, Criticism, however benign and constructive, provokes an instant 'flinch' reflex, a retreat behind safe defences, and a putting-up of barricades. Expect noisy backslapping and mutual hugging from the usual suspects next week. I saw little on the floats to interest me as a photographer, but there were some very photogenic folk around this afternoon .....  


WITH THE EXCEPTION OF OUR LOVELY AND WIDELY ADMIRED COUNCILLOR, I have no idea who any of you are. HOWEVER, if you object to your photo appearing in this blog, then contact me via 'comments', and I will remove it. I have refrained from any comments or descriptions of these photos, but I have to say, if there IS a God, if there IS a greater wisdom somewhere out there, a being who creates only good things, then I can only offer as evidence the final photograph.  

1 comment:

  1. Dieting and a 30/- frock would sort most of the rest out.

    ReplyDelete